BLENDED LEARNING MODE (BL MODE) DISTANCE LEARNING
The Institute of Distance and Continuing Education (IDCE), having the mandate from Takoradi Technical University, has introduced the Blended Learning Mode (Distance Education) to help provide alternative learning opportunities for workers, professionals and other servicing technicians who cannot enrol on the University’s regular academic calendar. The BLMode forms part of efforts to make education accessible to all persons through computer mediated technologies and face-to-face pedagogical approaches. The BLMode is also aimed at reducing congestion on the University’s campuses. The BLMode is a flexible two (2) semester academic calendar programme parallel to the regular University’s calendar.
Mode of Delivery
BLMode will be delivered through blended learning model – face-to-face sessions blended with online resources. The delivery mode may include but not limited to monthly tutorial/seminar interactions, online services, interactive teaching and learning on Google classroom and the use of self-instructional modules.
Online Services: BLMode uses online/virtual facilities to facilitate instructional interaction with students. Some of the eLearning resources to be used to facilitate teaching and learning while students are off-campus include Google classroom, Podcasts, Vodcasts, Zoom, webinars, internet-based audio and video communication and e-portfolios.
Seminars and Tutorials: Seminars and tutorials will be organized on weekends at the end of each month of online teaching and learning. Seminar and tutorial sessions will position lecturers to engage students to resolve complex tasks that transpired during the online sessions. That is, the face-to-face seminar/tutorial sessions are to aid improve the competencies and knowledge of students. Specifically, lecturers will use the sessions to mentor and/or guide students, clarify students’ concerns and solve emerging online pedagogical challenges.
Self-instructional Course Manuals: Students to be enrolled in the BLMode will be provided with Self-instructional Course Manuals to facilitate the teaching and learning processes. The contents of the manuals cover the entirety of the prescribed courses and are professionally developed to serve as self-instructive and interactive books to create the environment of the presence of a lecturer.
Examinations: Students enrolled in the BLMode will be expected to write their end-of semester examinations on campus over a period of two weekends. However, mid-semester examinations and quizzes will be conducted online and during seminars.
PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE BL MODE (DISTANCE)
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
1. BTECH Accountancy
2. BTECH Marketing
3. BTECH Purchasing & Supply
4. BTECH Secretaryship & Management Studies
SUMMARY OF ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
• SSSCE/WASSCE APPLICANTS
• SSSCE Candidates: Applicants must have six (6) passes (A-D) in all subjects, including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and, at least, three (3) passes in relevant elective subjects to their area of specialisation.
• WASSCE Candidates: Applicants must have six passes (A1-D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics and must possess a minimum of C6 in any three (3) of the passes relevant to their area of specialisation.
Mature applicants into all BTECH programmes must satisfy the following:
• Candidates must be 25 years of age at the time of the submission of the application form and must pass a mature entrance examination. The date for the entrance examinations will communicated to qualified applicants.
SPECIAL ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
• Stenography and Senior Stenography holders without English Language and Mathematics must also pass English Language and Mathematics Examinations to be administered by the University before gaining admission.
• General Business Certificate (GBC) holders without English Language and Mathematics must also pass English Language and Mathematics Examinations to be administered by the University before gaining admission.
• All special entrance applicants in addition must pass a written examination in the relevant subject area.
• Date for entrance exams will be communicated to qualified applicants.
HOW TO APPLY
An E-Voucher can be obtained from the following sale centres:
• TTU DIRECTORATE OF FINANCE
Applicants may purchase the forms at the University’s Directorate of Finance. (Mode of Payment – CASH) or
ANY OF THE UNDERLISTED BANKS
● Cal Bank Branches ● Zenith Bank Branches
● Stanbic Bank Branches ● GT Bank Branches
● Prudential Bank Branches ● United Bank of Africa (UBA) Branches
● Ecobank Branches ● GCB Bank Branches ● CBG Bank Branches
● Republic Bank Branches
ONLINE ADMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Go to admissions.ttuportal.com on the internet after you purchase the Takoradi Technical University admissions E-Voucher.
2. Log on to the Online Admissions System with the E-Voucher Number and PIN.
3. Follow steps on the Online Admissions system to complete your application
4. A printed copy of your completed online application together with photocopies of Certificates or Results slips must be enclosed in the envelope before posting.
5. Write the Application Number generated upon your completion of the online application at the back of the envelope before posting.
NOTE: ALL ADMISSIONS TO TAKORADI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY ARE STRICTLY VIA THE ONLINE ADMISSION SYSTEM
SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS
All completed application forms together with photocopies of Certificates or Results slips should be returned to:
Takoradi Technical University,
P. O. Box 256, Takoradi
Closing date for the submission of completed form is FRIDAY, 3RD FEBRUARY, 2023. For more information on admissions please visit our website ttu.edu.gh OR admissions.ttuportal.com or e-mail us on
firstname.lastname@example.org OR chat on our Facebook page: Takoradi Technical University
For calls and WhatsApp contact us on; 0508333992, 0553777777,
0575838003, 0575835003 and 0508335033.