Asso. Prof Richard Acquaye, Dean
The School of Graduate Studies came into being as a result of the conversion of Takoradi Polytechnic into a fully-fledged Technical University by the Technical Universities Act 922 of 2016. The School has the mandate to oversee the running of Master of Technology programmes. The School also serves as the coordinating office for the Diploma in Education programme.
The School of Graduate Studies has the vision of becoming a co-coordinating centre par excellence for graduate programmes in the University by ensuring that graduate programmes are relevant to the development of Western Region, Ghana and the World.
The School of Graduate Studies strives to create an environment that facilitates the training of students to acquire higher degrees in the fields of engineering, applied sciences; applied arts and business to enable them provide appropriate research initiative and leadership in industry and other key sectors of the national and international economy.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The School seeks to:
- Provide quality higher education and training to enhance students’ academic competence and advance their career.
- Provide solutions to national and international problems through research.
- Contribute to knowledge through research.
1. Master of Technology in Graphic Design
2. Master of Technology in Printing
3. Master of Technology in Textiles